> NEWS > New

New

Á¦¸ñ USC News from Wanda M Austin Interim President
±Û¾´ÀÌ °ü¸®ÀÚ ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ 2018-08-17 11:27:49
¼öÁ¤ÀÏ
2018-08-17 11:27:49
August 15, 2018
My fellow Trojans,
Tomorrow morning I will address our incoming students at New Student Convocation.  This event marks the beginning of the academic year, and is an opportunity for us to come together as a community with pride and strength, and to greet the newest members of our community as role models, mentors, and friends.  As part of my remarks, I will tell everyone gathered that the university¡¯s senior leadership is fully committed to bringing about change that will renew us—in both purpose and action.  And ahead of tomorrow, I want to emphasize that message with you today.
It will be an honor to stand before USC¡¯s students as interim president of this university.  In many ways, I feel uniquely prepared to assume this responsibility, and to lead our community as we ready for a new president.  This past weekend I met with the university¡¯s senior leadership at a two-day retreat.  We discussed the priorities for the coming year, and how best to support the work that you do every single day.  There was a ¡°Fight On¡± spirit to all our discussions.
Over the years, as an alumna and trustee, I have met Trojans from all walks of life, and from all corners of the globe.  The USC community is like no other.  My decision to serve as interim president was motivated by my love for, and dedication to, our great university.  And I know all of you share that dedication, driven by our mission and by the tremendous potential that lies within our students, faculty, and staff.  
Sincerely,
Wanda M. Austin Interim President
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT 
University of Southern California Los Angeles, California 90089-0012  
•  Tel: 213 740 2111  •  Fax: 213 821 1342

ÀÌÀü±Û USC News from Rick Caruso Chair Board of Trustees
´ÙÀ½±Û USC µî»ê ¸ðÀÓ