> NEWS > Notice

Notice

Á¦¸ñ Viterbi School of Engineering: Special Message from Dean Yannis Yortsos
±Û¾´ÀÌ °ü¸®ÀÚ ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ 2014-08-24 00:00:00
¼öÁ¤ÀÏ
2015-08-11 16:46:48
Dear Alumni, Parents and Friends,

Each year the MIT Technology Review reveals its annual list of Innovators Under 35.  This is a list of 35 technologists under the age of 35, across universities, corporations and research labs, worldwide, whose work has the potential to transform the world.  I am thrilled to announce that three of our faculty members are honored on this list this year:  Assistant Professors George Ban-Weiss, of the Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Assistant Professor Megan McCain, of the Department of Biomedical Engineering, and Assistant Professor Maryam Shanechi, of the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering.

The selection of three Viterbi faculty among the thirty five honorees is another indication of the extraordinary talent of our USC Viterbi junior faculty and the culture of excellence in the school.  This brings the total number of USC Viterbi faculty recognized on the TR35 list to eleven. Since 2009, ten USC Viterbi faculty, among which six women, have been so honored. During that same period of time USC Viterbi leads the world in the number of such awards bestowed. I cannot be more proud of our colleagues.  

Professor George Ban-Weiss was recognized for his work in the field of energy. Professors Megan McCain and Maryam Shanechi were recognized as innovators in the fields of biotechnology and medicine.

The full list of honorees can be viewed online at technologyreview.com ( http://listserv.viterbi.usc.edu/t/42776/2676595/5410/7/ ).The story on our faculty members can be read here ( http://listserv.viterbi.usc.edu/t/42776/2676595/5411/8/ ).  I know that you share my excitement with their recognition and the potential impact of their work. We look forward to their continuous successes and distinctions. Please join me in congratulating them.

Warm regards,

Yannis Yortsos

Dean

ÀÌÀü±Û [ºÎ°í] ¿¹Á¤¿í µ¿¹® ºùºÎ»ó
´ÙÀ½±Û Á¦2ȸ USC IT ¼¼¹Ì³ª