> NEWS > Notice

Notice

Á¦¸ñ President Sample Announces Retirement
±Û¾´ÀÌ °ü¸®ÀÚ ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ 2009-11-03 00:00:00
¼öÁ¤ÀÏ
2015-08-11 15:08:55

November 1, 2009

Dear Members of the Trojan Family:

Having had the profound privilege and joy of serving this university for 19 years, Kathryn and I are today formally announcing my retirement from the presidency of USC, effective August 2, 2010.

It has been an exhilarating journey, one upon which we will continue to accompany you in the years ahead. After a yearlong sabbatical, I will return to teaching and research as a member of the faculty of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering.

I've attached four documents that may be of interest to you: my letter to the USC Board of Trustees formally announcing my retirement; Board Chairman Ed Roski's letter concerning the search for a new president, including a list of members of the Presidential Search Advisory Committee; and a copy of the descriptive document that will be used in the recruitment process.

While the search for my successor is underway - in the skilled hands of Chairman Roski and a committee composed of trustees and faculty – the university will continue to pursue our lofty and audacious ambition to set the standard for the research university of the 21st century. As you've no doubt heard me say repeatedly over the years, USC is characterized by a spirit of relentless drive and momentum, ever poised to embrace opportunities for growth and improvement that come to our attention. This is an exciting time for USC as we continue to evolve as one of the most productive and influential universities in the world.

Kathryn and I know you share our deep satisfaction in being part of a noble endeavor – the building up of this great university – that transcends any one individual and that will continue to thrive beyond anything we can now imagine.

Please accept Kathryn's and my heartfelt gratitude for your support, guidance, and friendship over the past 19 years.

Sincerely,

Steven B. Sample
President

ÀÌÀü±Û ºÎ°í: ¿ÀÀ²ÀÚ µ¿¹® ¸ðÄ£»ó
´ÙÀ½±Û 2009 USC Alumni Attitude Survey